Welcome to Our School!
Rednal Hill Junior School comes under the umbrella of Birmingham local authority. It is situated on the south western border of the city close to the Lickey Hills at Longbridge. The area has a strong history with car manufacture although much of the original site has now been developed with a new technology park, housing and amenities.
The school was built in 1952 and has three forms of entry from Year 3 to Year 6. It offers full wrap-around care from 7.30am until 6 pm each day. The building provides access to the full range of curriculum needs and has its own purpose built dining and refreshment area. Good use is made of spacious grounds which provide ample scope for sport and recreation. Included in the grounds are a vegetable garden with woodland walk, pond and science area.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information on our school website please see the school office.
New Year 2 intake
Posted: Jun 24, 2017 by: Robert Jones (admin) on: Headteacher's Blog
We have been running more transition opportunities this year with the infants to aid transition. There are opportunities for parents to come and meet the Junior Team on the 5th of July. Letters have already gone out.
The process of applying for Free School Meals at Rednal Hill Junior School is clear and straightforward and may be done online or via Mrs Billingsley in the School Office. Parents/Carers need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at Rednal Hill Juniors to pupils whose parent/guardian successfully completes the online application, using the above link.
If you are having difficulty completing your application, please speak with a member of staff in the School Office.
Latest Newsround stories
- Giant robots fight it out in epic battle
America and Japan have pitted two huge robots against each other in a crazy new sport.
- Orionid Meteor Shower: What is it and how can I see it?
This weekend sees the peak of the Orionid meteor shower, here's everything you need to know about it…
- Strictly: judge Bruno Tonioli is going to miss this weekend's show
Judge Bruno Tonioli will miss Strictly Come Dancing for the first time in 13 years
- Guns in the US: Kids tell us what they think
We've been to meet two kids from the US who have very different opinions on the gun laws in the coun…
- The Voice: What changes would you make to the red chair?
We asked The Voice judges what changes they'd make to the big red chair.