Welcome to Our School!
Rednal Hill Junior School comes under the umbrella of Birmingham local authority. It is situated on the south western border of the city close to the Lickey Hills at Longbridge. The area has a strong history with car manufacture although much of the original site has now been developed with a new technology park, housing and amenities.
The school was built in 1952 and has three forms of entry from Year 3 to Year 6. It offers full wrap-around care from 7.30am until 6 pm each day. The building provides access to the full range of curriculum needs and has its own purpose built dining and refreshment area. Good use is made of spacious grounds which provide ample scope for sport and recreation. Included in the grounds are a vegetable garden with woodland walk, pond and science area.
If you require a paper copy of any of the information on our school website please see the school office.
Year 6 celebration assembly
Posted: Jul 17, 2017 by: Robert Jones (admin) on: Headteacher's Blog
Year 6 celebration assembly will be at 9am on Friday 21st July in the main hall.
The process of applying for Free School Meals at Rednal Hill Junior School is clear and straightforward and may be done online or via Mrs Billingsley in the School Office. Parents/Carers need to be in receipt of one of the following benefits to be considered eligible:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Income Related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (from the National Asylum Support Service)
NB: Working Tax Credits do not qualify you for Free School Meals unless granted to cover the four-week period immediately after employment ceases, or if the hours worked are less than 16 hours per week.
Free School Meals are available at Rednal Hill Juniors to pupils whose parent/guardian successfully completes the online application, using the above link.
If you are having difficulty completing your application, please speak with a member of staff in the School Office.
Latest Newsround stories
- Florida shooting survivors meet US President Donald Trump
American President Donald Trump listens to the stories of 40 students, teachers and families affecte…
- Your face in chocolate! The edible selfie that's totally yum.
Check out the machine that can carve your face into a bar of chocolate... need we say more?
- Could carrying a baby dragon be the new fashion craze?
Models at a top fashion show have paraded on the catwalk carrying super-realistic animal creations -…
- Five facts about curling as Team GB progress to semis
Here's five facts about curling as Team GB women's team progress to the Olympic semi-finals.
- New Doctor Who logo revealed for upcoming 11th series
Doctor Who fans might have to wait until October for the new series - but the show's makers have rev…