Weekly Focused Assemblies
Week Beginning 09/01/23
In our assembly this week we looked at the value of friendship and what makes a good friend. The children were asked to talk and think about the following:
Think back to your previous years at school.
- Can you remember who your best friend was from reception?
- Are you both still friends?
- Have you made friends with someone you didn't think you ever would?
Think about your friend (in or out of school)
- How are you and your friend similar?
- How are you both different?
- What makes your friend a great friend?
Have a think about these questions below
- Do all friendships last forever?
- Can everyone be your friend?
- Can we be friends with someone all of the time?
- Can you be friends with someone even after an argument?
We then shared and enjoyed a short clip from 'for the birds'. The children were asked to think about the following:
- Are the birds showing kindness?
- Are all of the birds friends?
- What is the moral of this story?
To enhance the meaning of the assembly the children also listened to The Beatles, With a Little Help from My Friends.